Friday, June 17, 2011

something yummy!

I haven't shared any recipes with you fora long time now!

i HAD to share this one!!

chili and eggs in tortilla cups!

ingredients:
small flour torillas
chili (i used my vegan chili)
taco sauce (i used a medium)
eggs
cheese (i used cheddar and jack)
muffin tin

i nsetled the tortillas into the muffin tin
added about 2 tbs of chili in each cup

added about 1/2 tbs of taco sauce
cracked and added egg to each

lightly covered with foil so that tortillas don't burn
and baked until egg was starting to turn white.
i then added 1 1/2 tbs of cheese to each.
covered and placed back into the oven until desired
done-ness. we liked ours a little more
cooked than poached.

drizzle with more taco sauce.
serve with a salad.

EVERYONE LOVED this dinner!!!

if you make it please share with me :)

tfl!

1 comment:

Lillian Child said...

These look like fun to make AND to eat. Can you tell me about how long they bake for? My family doesn't like "runny" eggs so I would want to make sure that the yolks were somewhat set. Do the flour tortillas stay soft or get crunchy with baking? Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe. I'm definitely going to give it a try!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com