Tuesday, March 30, 2010

another rainy day!

and i'm thinking comfort food!

doesn't that look like a bowl full of love???

easy chicken n' dumplins

1/2 roasted chicken cut into bite size pieces
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 med onion chopped
1 cup cut carrots
4 ribs of celery
1 box of low salt low fat chicken stock
2 cups water
4 tbs margarine
2 cups bisquick
2/3 cups milk (we use soy)
1 1/2 tbs dill
1tsp garlic salt

sauté onion, carrots and celery in olive oil
when half cooked add stock and water and chicken
simmer until veggies are soft
mix bisquick, milk, dill and garlic salt until well combined
drop tablespoon size blob of batter into simmering pot
cook 10 minutes covered
then 10 minutes uncovered
some of that batter will make the "soup" thicken!

enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Leah's Crafty Life said...

I love chicken & dumplins,.. I wanted to make it the other night but had no chicken.. boo hoo. I'm heading to the grocery store today, so I am going to be making that this week! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

OH MY GOSH, I WANT THAT!!!!!!! It looks like comfort food redefined. I'm so drooling!!!!!!!!!!!

Trish said...

That sounds DELISH!! I've never made it before--and I am going to give this a shot!! Thanks!!